Sean's belief is that a leader is a professional vocation, like being a medical doctor, a lawyer or a clergy person. As with all vocations, he believes one is called to it, and must thereafter continually invest time and effort in deepening understanding of what it means for you to be a leader and in "sharpening one's saw", as the late Stephen Covey expressed it. Sean defines a leader as "someone who takes people to places they wouldn't go by themselves".
Sean received his coach training through the Institute of Professional Excellence in Coaching in 2013. He soon joined the International Coaching Federation (ICF) and earned his Associate Certified Coach (ACC) designation in 2014, upgrading it to Professional Certified Coach (PCC) in 2020.
Armed with professional degrees in Business Administration and Project Management, and Project Management Professional (PMP) (now retired), Change Management Practitioner (CMP), and Distinguished Toastmaster (DTM) designations, Sean has more than 25 years of progressive leadership experience in several large, global manufacturing organizations.
One of the secrets to Sean's leadership success is that all of his formal education and training were in general business studies, forcing him to learn to truly lead the technical teams with whom he was charged, rather than try to be an expert in their work and telling them how it should be done. This helped Sean discover and adopt the Servant Leadership style with its loosely embedded "coach approach" methodology.
So whether you are stepping into leadership for the very first time ever; have a few years but are looking to deepen understanding of what it means for you to be a leader; are looking for help in "sharpening your saw"; or need help defining where to take your people next, consider partnering with Sean as your next leadership coach.
Notable Client Achievements
- Coached small business entrepreneur from start-up to $5M+ and a Inc 500 ranking in 3 years.
- Coached executive client into CXO job & non-profit Board position within 21-months.
- Coached a fellow Toastmaster from beginner to Semi-Finalist at the World Championship of Public Speaking within 4 years.
- Coached client through accelerated timeline to achieve retirement 5 years faster than planned.
- Coached direct report through two-year cost reduction program resulting in $21M annual savings.